Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Michele Elise Returns to First Homeland

When I wake up on the morning of 20 sept 2010 I will be living in a dream come true.  Since being born when my USAF father was serving a tour of duty in France during the Cold War, my life-long goal has been to travel back to the place of my beginnings.  Why am I so enamored with all things French?  I guess you could say it is in my blood.  My mother's family on both sides were French,  Arneaux and Carlier married.  One of my grandfathers studied art in France.  Being conceived in France, it was a natural that I ended up with a French first name; but my middle name was handed down at least 10 generations on my mother's side (according to my sweet Aunt Elise)...

So it is with beaucoup excitement and a great deal of love and gratitude owed to my adorable husband, Park, for making this possible for me, that I set off on this Grand Tour.  I am being joined by a dear friend since high school, Patti Peirce, who now lives in Australia.  It's doesn't sound French at all, but I have to scream, "Yippee - I O Ky Yay - Gallopin' All the Way!"

Since it's not possible for the rest of my dear friends to come along on this trip, I hope to provide a glimpse of my adventures through this blog.  To these special friends I want to say right now that I appreciate everyone's excitement for me, and amazing support, from loaning things, to setting up my blog, to patiently helping me on my language and trip planning...thank you Judi, Ladee, Leigh, Coco, and the rest of you.  I will be wishing we were experiencing this together... 

3 comments:

  1. Michele, I am so excited about your trip. I'm thrilled that you are taking on the extra challenge with your blob, so that we really can experience all of this together. Sip on much wine, for you are in France!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele, it is Monday morning in Phoenix which means that you have spent your first day in Paris. I remember that it took us some time to figure out how to get the internet connection in the apartment to work, so I will be patiently wait for your blogging news. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Coco:
    Michele,
    Try to go at the Grand Palais to see the big expo on MONET.

    ReplyDelete